We can all agree that Tupac’s hologram was nothing short of breath taking/phenomenal/borderline creepy – but here are some things we just uncovered:
1. Tupac’s mother, Afeni Shakur, allowed the hologram to happen and according to TMZ, was absolutely “thrilled”
See below for more.
2. As a thank you for allowing this performance, Dr. Dre made a donation to the rapper’s charity, The Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation
3. Nate Dogg WAS suppose to appear as a hologram, but Daz Dillinger told TMZ that the decision was made at the last minute not to use him. Nate got a video tribute instead.
4. According to AV Concepts (the company that created the hologram), it took 3 months to perfect the 3-dimensional, life-sized holographic projection of Tupac.
5. According to Rap-Up The exact cost of bringing Pac back to life for one night is undisclosed, but is estimated in the price range of $100,000 to upwards of $400,000.
Hi history, nice to watch you.